Monday 26 August 2013

Research into thriller/horrors;



I have researched and watched Paranormal Activity as i am planning to have handheld camera shots in my short film so the audience can see from that characters point of view and i have looked at how they have done this within the film. 

The poster;
I think the quotes within this poster work well to create tension and a build up to the film, such as 'don't see it alone'.

A good review;

It has been some time since I physically jumped at a scary movie. Horror has become a predictable genre and these days, maggoty skulls can leap out of wardrobes all they want, and we merely yawn. But in this film, all it took was one bedroom door to move 12 inches, unaided – just that, nothing else – and I felt like leaping into the arms of the person next to me. And there were ­moments when I thought I would not just need to change my trousers, but have them professionally incinerated by a biohazard disposal team.



A bad review;

98% of the movie was completely LAME! The plot sucked, the acting sucked, and the camera movement was exaggerated and made me want to throw up.
Throughout the entire movie I was hoping and praying that there was going to be something scarier that would happen. This is the entire movie summed up for you. 
Something weird happening to the girl..the start recording themselves to see if they catch footage or weird things happening..they hear a noise..they go to sleep..the door opens...they go to sleep...something moves downstairs..they go to sleep..something bangs on the walls..they go to sleep..something breaths..they go to sleep..finally something a little bit scary happens..the movie ends...oh yes and at one point a demon with hooves leaves three footprints on the floor.


No comments:

Post a Comment